- Take a ride on the Water Bus in the Marina. Today is the last day for the summer season and there is no place cooler than on the water. Just make sure you take your sunscreen! Details here.
- And what could be “cooler” than a sing-a-long to the songs of the movie frozen? Catch the movie and a sing-a-long with Elsa at the El Capitan Theatre. Rumor has it that it will “snow,” too. Show times are 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm and 7 pm. More details.
- Monday just happens to be Story time at LACMA’s Boone Children’s Gallery and today is no exception. More here.
- Island of Lemurs: Madagascar (IMAX 3D) is showing at the Science Center at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. My daughter saw it yesterday with her grandparents and says the lemurs are “adorable.” Details.
- While you’re at Exposition Park studying up on Lemurs, drop by the Natural History Museum for the last day of the Butterfly Pavilion.
- Or if your kids like something bigger than butterflies, the Dino Lab is open at NHM.
- Nothing says “summer” and “cool down” like ice cream! I’ve been wanting to venture over to the Ice Cream Lab since it opened. Called “a place where you can create a delicious experiment,” Ice Cream Lab opens today at noon. Check this out for a little “get out of the house” inspiration. Liquid nitrogen makes for the freshest, creamiest ice cream? Check it out.
- Want to stay closer to home for your frozen treats? Here are the places that Westchester voted their favorites in the recent Hometown News poll.
- Take in the otter exhibit at the Long Beach Aquarium. We were just there on Friday and my 12 year old could not get enough of the otters! Buy your tickets online and save $5.
- Explore the Grand Central Market downtown. LA’s oldest and largest public market, Grand Central Market has been described as “30,000 square feet of diverse deliciousness.”
On your way out today, how about checking in on an elderly or shut-in neighbor? We have a lot of elderly residents in Westchester and a lot of houses without air conditioning. Make a difference in somebody’s life today and take them a cool treat. It’s a great mini service project for your kids. 🙂
What are you up to today with your kids? Drop a note in the comments and inspire us!